Sunday, April 28, 2013

Review of Free Kobo Exclusive - Sins of Temptation by J.F. Penn


Want to $5,000??? Keep reading!!

Sins of Temptation by J.F. Penn


Goodreads blurb:  When the mutilated corpse of a wealthy author is found within the grounds of a stately home, the police officer sent to investigate finds a curious diary amongst the occult objects that dominate the scene. Will he uncover the author’s secret at the ruined chapel that lies across the wasteland, and does he really want to pay the price of such knowledge?


My Thoughts - 3 out of 5 unicorns - I liked it!!
The cover at this point has nothing to do with the story that I can tell, but it looks like some type of cat or dog creature.  This is a very short story.  It is very gross in the description of the dead body, but yet intriguing.  It is like a car wreck; you know you shouldn’t stare but you keep on looking.  It leaves you wondering what the deal is exactly that the author made and that the cop now wants. I won’t tell you anymore because you just need to experience it yourself.   I'm not much into horror type stuff, but I want to see what happens so I will keep reading.  

I stumbled onto this story because Kobo is having a contest.  This story is free, and you too can join this contest here!

No comments:

Post a Comment