Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Review - A Novel Obession by Jeff Joseph


A Novel Obsession
by Jeff Joseph



Goodreads blurb:  What could be more peaceful than a small town nestled in the plush and picturesque Appalachian foothills along the Ohio River? Seemingly nothing unless you actually live in such a place and experience the incestuous nature of the meddling, gossip, and desire that can fester there.

Abby Lane has cornered the market on virtue in her small town, yet there are forces that want to take that innocence away from her. Unfortunately, the depths of deception, often undetected by the pure of heart can be harmful to the unsuspecting soul.

As an English teacher, dreamer and hopeless idealist Abby immerses herself in romantic fiction to fill the void in her reality. There is one author in particular who speaks directly to her heart and she foolishly makes him the model lover by whom all suitors are to be judged. When others try to bridge that gap, idyllic small town America becomes a mysterious place to be.

A Novel Obsession is a great mix of Mystery, Suspense, Intrigue, and romance. It will answer the question:

Is it possible for two people to fall in love having never met?


Find the author on twitter


My Thoughts - 4 out of 5 unicorns - I really liked it!!
Okay, the author gifted me this book, and it is not my usual genre because it is realistic fiction.  I get enough of real life but it was romance which is fantasy in my life...lol! 

Okay first impressions, the blurb sounded interesting, but not usually my type of book, and it had a teacher as the main character.  I don't usually think of men as romance writers even though I know they do; I'm used to female authors.  The prologue jumped right into adult material, so I was wondering if the whole book would be sex rather than plot.  After the prologue with the exception on one date, the whole book was plot and I liked it. :)  I was sucked into Abby and Daniel's world and wondering if they would ever actually meet.  I loved the journey this book took me on and I will definitely read the next book to see what happens to Abby next.  This book is one of those books that is refreshing to read and gives you hope, but it has its real world problems, and you see Murphy's Law at work.  And this book reinforces the idea that even though it might not be the type of book you usually read, doesn't mean you can't be pleasantly surprised, I look forward to the author's next book in the series.

**gifted me to by the author

Interested?  Find it at:  Amazon, Amazon UK, B&N, Smashwords

No comments:

Post a Comment