Saturday, September 28, 2013

Review - The Keeper and the Rune Stone by Paige W. Pendleton @pwpendleton


The Keeper and the Rune Stone
Black Ledge book #1
by Paige W. Pendleton

Goodreads blurb:  An unholy ritual, a ticking clock. Four children discover there are things that go bump in the night ...
Centuries ago a group of Elves committed an unholy ritual. But the ritual was a spectacular failure. It transformed the Elves into the Noctivagi - the beings we know as vampires.

Striving to maintain a fragile peace, the ancient Elves and Dwarves negotiated an Accord, which they've renewed every year on the Summer Solstice. The ceremony depends on the magical Rune Stone, but it's missing. If it is not found—and quickly—the consequences could be dire, and not just for Elves and Dwarves.

Four children, Rob, Jack, Eleanor, and Flora, stumble into a world of magic and mayhem when they move into Black Ledge, the old estate on the Maine coast, and discover they aren’t the only ones who live there.


About The Black Ledge Series and Paige W. Pendleton:

Growing up, I discovered the natural world from my pony's saddle. The fields, woods, and rambling stone walls of Southern New England were my world to explore, and a better one could not be found.

Later, my education in the dental field took me into the laboratory, and I was captivated by microbiological microcosms -- entire realms of inhabitants of which most of us are unaware.

All of these worlds collide in The Black Ledge adventures, as well as my love of spooky stuff, and all things old.

I hope this work will encourage more kids to read under the covers with a flashlight.

Connect with Paige:


My Thoughts - 4 out of 5 unicorns - I really liked it!! 

**Received ebook from the author for an honest review, but I actually already had it on my kindle as a hidden treasure :)

I like to start with the cover, and this cover doesn’t really grab my attention.  I know you are not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but some covers really intrigue me to read them.  Don’t judge this book by its cover because you will miss out on a great adventure!

The book started slowly, but you needed the background and learn about all the characters and the setting.  I really enjoyed this story, and I’m glad I read it and can’t wait to read book 2.

My favorite characters are Eleanor because she is feisty but protective and caring.  I also really liked Gunnr.  He is a hero but also misunderstood.  I really hope to see more of him in book 2.  Gunnr and Eleanor have chemistry together, but it is mysterious too.  Camedon is funny, and I’m sure I will see more of him POPPING in and out in book 2.

The world that Paige creates is wonderful, and I wish I could be aware and have magically adventures like the Driscolls and Charlotte.  I can only imagine the conversations I would have with my trouble making cat Twister when he is in the mood to cause trouble.

I really think if you are into adventures in magical realms with Elves, Dwarves, and other mystical creatures that you will enjoy this story.  I can’t wait to read book 2, but I have to read a few other books before I can get to it. 

Thank you for sharing your wonderful story with me Paige!!

Interested in reading??

~ Amazon ~ AmazonUK ~ B&N

No comments:

Post a Comment