Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My Thoughts on The Secrets of Albion Falls by Sass Cadeaux




The Secrets of Albion Falls by Sass Cadeaux

Genre:  New Adult, Paranormal, Fantasy, Adventure 

Book Blurb from Goodreads:  Living a sequestered life in magical village named, Albion Falls. Sophia's only friend, a fairy named Rosalba, provides a welcome source of comfort and support.

It is a lie. Rosalba is not what she appears to be.

Rosalba's sinister intention to devour Sophia's soul becomes the focus of her parents.

Sophia's family and the local villagers try to protect this young woman.

Unknown to Sophia, destiny calls for her to become the Princess of the skin-walkers. A way of life shared secretly by all who surround her.

The announcement of Sophia's plan to leave Albion Falls brings the crisis to a head, as Sophia must fight for her life against the evil witch who deceived all for many years.



My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 stars - I loved it!!!
I loved this book and could totally relate to Sophie because I had no idea what was going on.  But I did have thoughts about Alba not being so good, I thought the bad smell for foreshadowing her evilness.  I did not read the blurb before reading the book, so I didn’t know she was evil.  The author did a great job of Sophie’s point of view from a child as she grew up with the nuances of a child’s language and her response to things.  As you read the book you can totally see Sophie’s perspective.  I can totally imagine how Sophie would feel knowing everything she ever knew was a lie.  She is a strong amazing child throughout the book.  This is hard to write without giving anything away, but terminology used for healing is cheesy.  And I did hate how soon the book was over and where it left off.  If you are a fan of paranormal, I would definitely read this book.  I feel like the spoiled child; I want more NOW!!!  I really hope I do not have to wait long for the next book!!!  :)


Buy at:  AmazonAmazon UK, or B&N

No comments:

Post a Comment