Saturday, June 1, 2013

Review - Fanged Princess by Elisabeth Wheatley


Fanged Princess
by Elisabeth Wheatley

Goodreads blurb:  I will not let my brother suffer the same loss…

Hadassah’s father, the Vampire King, punished her harshly for her choice to love a human. Now her brother, the only person in the world who still matters to her, has fallen for a human girl. Determined to keep the girl safe, the three of them flee from their home in New England and find themselves cornered with their father’s minions closing in. If they want to escape, their only hope may be to join forces with the mortal enemies of their kind…

Be ensnared in this dark tale of enduring love, revenge, and suspense from teenage author, Elisabeth Wheatley.


Find Elisabeth at Inkspelled Faery or Twitter


My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 unicorns - I loved it!!
Okay I have to start with the author first because I truly admire her for her creativity and that I fell in love with her story on the blog “Once Upon a Bookcase” by Jo Stapley which you can read here.  I found the blog post on Nov 30, 2012.  Most of you may be wondering how I remember the specific date, and really I can’t, but I have an email I sent to my work account on that date which reminds me.  I’m a high school math teacher, and I think she is a talented gift to us and a role model for our children.  So I emailed myself to tell our librarian.  Do I think she is perfect? No, but I do feel like she can be an inspiration I can draw on to show my students that they can accomplish anything through hard work and effort, which sometimes seems lost to them wherever common sense has gone.  If she were here, I’d hug her like one of my students I was proud of :)  Okay, yes I’m a sap and the secret is out :)

On to the book, I have a particular fondness for fantasy and especially paranormal if you haven’t guessed by now.  I absolutely loved this story and can’t wait for the next one.  I love that Haddie is a strong kicking butt girl trying to protect her baby brother.  (PS The Cover and story makes me think Xena and I heart her warrior spirit) Her tragic back story makes you like her even more.  And there are even a few jerks that you won’t mind hating.  I love Haddie’s snarky attitude and quick wit, and I did cry at one point but that happens with me and a good story I’m vested in.  It is hard to tell you everything I loved because I refuse to give the story away. Everyone is entitled to enjoy the journey without having it spoiled.  She is eloquent and her story is well written.  She writes better than I do, but writing has always been one of those things I dread because I criticize my words to death. Anywho, I recommend this to everyone and anyone who loves YA & Paranormal Genres. I can't wait to read her other two books which I already own :)

**received the book free from the Making Connections group for an honest review

Interested in reading?  Amazon, AmazonUK, B&N


No comments:

Post a Comment